On the way to the 41st edition…
Sunday July 24, 2022 will take place the 41st edition of the "20 km of the Côte de Granit Rose", in the direction of Trébeurden towards Perros-Guirec. Along the coast and passing through Pleumeur-Bodou, Trégastel and Ploumanac’h (the “Favorite Village of the French” 2015)
Anxious to maintain an already extensive sports and entertainment program, and in the face of undeniable success, the organization has decided to renew the complementary activities introduced in recent years:
- the race/walk against cancer of approximately 6 km (the “Pink Granite”), at free pace and without classification, and open to all; proceeds from registrations for this “run/walk” will be donated to the League Against Cancer, our partner for many years; the animation with the warm-up in music, very appreciated by the participants, will be renewed;
- Nordic walking of around 12 km, also at a free pace and without classification, in addition to the usual hikes around Perros-Guirec, will be organized with the “Rando-Trégor” association; Proceeds from walk registrations will be donated to the “Objectif Autonomie” association, which has also been our partner for many years.
Beyond the sporting challenge and the discovery – for many competitors – of an unusual course in France, our objective is to offer participants in our races and hikes the most perfect organization possible. This requires work, time, financial efforts and the mobilization of a team of more than 200 volunteers, whom I thank here warmly.
I also sincerely thank all our partners, public and private, for their precious and faithful support.
Just like previous years:
- the traditional souvenir T-shirt will be given to all participants in the races and walks (new color this year for participants other than the Granite Rose);
- in parallel with the races, 2 hikes (10 and 20 km), with departure and arrival in Perros-Guirec, will also be organized by the association “Les Amis de la Côte de Granit Rose”; to this will be added the Nordic walking mentioned above;
- on the arrival site, the usual entertainment will be offered, and in particular the draw for a raffle with many valuable prizes offered by our partners.
For this 2022 edition, registration for the 20km and 10km will only be done online on the website of our partner Chrono-Course Sportinnovation.
Registration will only be effective after receipt of the payment and the medical certificate (or a copy of the license), except for the 6 km run/walk against cancer (the “Granite Rose”) . We remind you that only a medical certificate of no contraindication to the practice of running in competition or an athletics license are valid to register for off-stadium races; licenses from sports federations other than athletics will not be valid. For competitors under the age of 18, parental consent is of course required. Plan ahead!
Seasoned athletes wishing to measure themselves against the international stars of the Elite plateau, informed joggers wishing to achieve a "perf" or occasional runners combining surpassing themselves with the pleasure of the eyes, come and find us on the magical course of the "20 km de la Côte de Granit Rose”, next Sunday July 24. We hope that the warm atmosphere of the races and the beauty of our landscapes will bring you a lot of pleasure in running our events.
Good race to all, and see you soon on the Côte de Granit Rose.
President of the Association “Les 20 km de la Côte de Granit Rose”.